|POSITION:||Museum Education Intern|
Spring Semester – October 10
Internship Job Description:
Qualified individuals will assist the Education Department:
- assisting with the implementation of various K-12 academic programs such as Education Mornings. Responsibilities include inventory of art supplies, executing the program, and photo-documenting.
- assisting with the preparation and implementation of adult programs such as lectures, demonstrations, and musical performances.
- creating family treasure hunts for special and permanent exhibitions.
- researching in-depth for upcoming exhibitions and individual artists.
- developing museum lessons based on museum collections.
- working on the teaching collection.
- organizing and updating docent files, tracking hours of service, etc.
Applicants should be upper division students (junior, senior, or graduate) majoring in an education, art-, or museum-related discipline. They should be organized, detail-oriented, and computer literate. Applicants should also have a general knowledge of art terminology and education theories/practices, possess excellent writing skills and LOVE working with people. The internship places you in a dedicated, professional, and dynamic education office.
Interested applicants should email: 1) letter of interest, 2) resume and 3) three references to: Claire Elisabeth Clum, Director of Education at [email protected].