|POSITION:||Museum Education Intern|
|STARTS:||Beginning of Semester|
Internship Job Description:
Qualified individuals will assist the Education Department in:
- assisting with the implementation of the Education Mornings/Contemplate & Create/Art-O-Rama programs. Responsibilities include inventory of art supplies, executing the program, photo-documenting, conducting light research, and filing.
- creating family treasure hunts for special and permanent exhibitions.
- researching in-depth for upcoming exhibitions and individual artists.
- developing museum lessons based on permanent collections.
- maintaining art films library database.
- working on the teaching collection.
- organizing and updating docent files, tracking hours of service, etc.
Applicants should be upper division students (junior, senior or graduate) majoring in an education, art- or museum-related discipline. They should be organized, detail-oriented and computer literate. Applicants should also have a general knowledge of art terminology and education theories/practices, possess excellent writing skills and LOVE working with people. The internship places you in a dedicated, professional and dynamic education office.
Interested applicants should email: 1) letter of interest, 2) resume and 3) three references to: Claire Elisabeth Clum, Director of Education at [email protected].