The Boca Raton Museum Art School presents an exhibition of six student artists who are each exhibiting five accomplished and intriguing artworks. By showing five artworks per artist, the 5 x 5 + 1 exhibition highlights a broad view of each artist's intentions and skills.
The School's studios are host to many diverse approaches, concepts, and abilities of the student-artists. The artists participating in 5 x 5 + 1 represent a cross section of activity and individual accomplishments in the Boca Raton Museum Art School:
- Kent Burkhandsmeier has been taking photographs for more than 25 years and recently joined the masters' photo class with Allan Pierce.
- Paul Coleman studies drawing on evenings and weekends with Chris Lopez.
- Sharyle Doherty has been taking evening or Saturday classes for many years with Carla Golembe and this year she began studying sculpture on Tuesday mornings.
- Marta Cruz, an accomplished jeweler, has studied jewelry with almost all of the School's jewelry teachers.
- Charles Langjahr often exhibits his collages and paintings in local venues and has taken classes with a variety of instructors.
- Lisa Borden started taking class at the Art School three years ago; both her figurative and abstract work have recently been shown in many exhibits.
Works are on view June 20th through July 23rd. The opening reception on Tuesday, June 20th from 5:30 to 7:30 pm is free and open to the public.