Started by a small group of artists in 1950, the Boca Raton Museum Art School is the cornerstone of a modern campus that is comprised of the Boca Raton Museum of Art, the Artists Guild, and the Art School. The Art School is a dynamic active art center with more than 4,200 annual enrollments in our seven creative studio areas. Faculty and students of all ages and levels find a place where they can share their enthusiasm for the visual arts and process of making art, learn new skills, experiment, and grow in their creativity and talents.
Our classes attract absolute beginners, people who took classes in college and now have time to get back to their passion, as well as experienced artists who want to share in the camaraderie of being among other people interested in art. Whether you are taking a class for the first time or you have been taking classes for years, you will find a creative, friendly, and supportive community at the Art School. We invite you to leave the stress of daily life at the door and enter a world of discovery and creativity.
Our excellent instructors are dedicated to sharing their knowledge and expertise in order to help each individual pursue their artistic goals. In the process of teaching, they may guide, mentor, and challenge you. Each day in the studio can be an exciting new adventure.
In addition to our popular eight week classes, there are a variety of four week classes for beginners to get to know a teacher and discover their interest in the technique. Classes such as painting alla prima, drawing light and shade, and perspective drawing are also excellent for returning students to refresh their skills. I hope you will join us and take the opportunity to enrich your creative side.
See you in the studios,
Art School Director
|Term A||5/29/18||6/30/18||5 weeks||May 28 (Memorial Day)|
|Term B||7/2/18||8/11/18||6 weeks||July 4, evening July 3 (Independence Day)|
Art School Policy
- Classes are filled on a first come, first-served basis.
- Individual and Household Museum Members receive a 5% discount off tuition and Art Enthusiast Members or higher receive a 10% discount off tuition.
- Students who cancel any class five (5) days before the first day of class or camp will receive a tuition refund, less a processing fee of $25 for Members and Non-members.
- Students who cancel any class less than five (5) days prior to the first day of class will not receive a refund.
- If a class is canceled, students will be notified at least two (2) days prior to the date of class, and tuition will be refunded within three (3) weeks.
- Courses are subject to cancellation based on enrollment.
- No fees will be returned for failure to attend. There will be no make-up classes due to a studentís illness, unanticipated travel or other reasons are not the responsibility of the Museum.
- The Boca Museum of Art - The Art School reserves the right to substitute instructors due to any emergency or illness.
- The Museum is not responsible for any artwork or personal items lost, stolen or left in the classrooms or lockers.
- Full tuition is required at the time of registration.
- There is a $35 charge for all returned checks.
- The Art School is organized for educational purposes and offers programs and activities to everyone without regard to race, religion, national origin or sexual preference.
- With my enrollment, I hereby waive and release any and all rights and claims to damages against the Boca Museum of Art and The Art School. I accept all risk incidentals and do hereby release the Boca Museum of Art and The Art School, its employees and representatives, for all liability and injury during any activities. I further agree that in the event medical attention is required due to an accident or illness, and my contact person is unreachable, the Boca Museum of Art shall be permitted to seek such medical services, as it shall deem necessary and appropriate through EMS/911 and/or local hospitals.
- With my enrollment, I grant full permission to the Boca Museum of Art and The Art School to use photographs, videotapes, and any other record of classes or programs for any legitimate purpose.
- The Art School follows the Palm Beach County School Districtís schedule for inclement weather and does not provide make-up classes due to weather related school closings.
- Students and parents must respect the rights of other students and staff or they will be asked to leave the school and forfeit tuition.
- Youth and teens that are habitually picked-up late will be asked to leave the school and forfeit tuition.
801 W Palmetto Park Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33486
Email: [email protected]
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM