Boca Raton Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
In Mizner Park
T: 561.392.2500 F: 561.391.6410
Tuesday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
Mondays & holidays
10AM - 5PM
NOON - 5PM
Children(12 & under)
Careers at the Museum
||Museum Education Intern
||Beginning of semester
Internship Job Description:
Qualified individuals will assist the Education Department in:
- assisting with the implementation of the Education Mornings and Contemplate & Create program. Responsibilities include inventory of art supplies, assisting with the operations of the program, photo documenting, light research, and filing.
- creating family treasure hunts for special and permanent exhibitions.
- researching in-depth for upcoming exhibitions and individual artists.
- developing museum lessons based on permanent collections.
- maintaining art films library and selecting upcoming films.
- writing scripts for cell phone tours.
- organizing and updating docent files, tracking hours of service, etc.
Applicants should be upper division students (junior, senior or graduate) majoring in an education, art- or museum-related discipline. They should be organized, detail-oriented and computer literate. Applicants should also have a general knowledge of art terminology and education theories/practices, possess excellent writing skills and LOVE working with people. The internship places you in a dedicated, professional and dynamic education office.
Interested applicants can email a letter of interest, resume and three references to Claire Elisabeth Clum, Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.