Boca Raton Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
In Mizner Park
T: 561.392.2500 F: 561.391.6410
Tues, Wed & Fri
Saturday & Sunday
Mondays & holidays
10AM - 5PM
10AM - 8PM
NOON - 5PM
Children(12 & under)
1st SUNDAY of each month
Careers at the Museum
VISITOR EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATE
This is a part-time, non-exempt level position. Visitor Experience Associates are frequently a visitor’s first point of contact with the Museum. As such, they are the public face of the Museum and are responsible for providing excellent customer service to visitors while processing sales transactions, such as admissions, event ticketing, memberships and store merchandise. Visitor Experience Associates are also responsible for efficiently and accurately inputting information into the POS system and protecting guests' information.
- Demonstrate commitment to Boca Raton Museum of Art’s vision, mission, and values.
- Manage his/her cash drawer, including
- Verify the beginning cash bank with the Accounting Specialist. This includes counting cash, coins and ticket equivalents
- Verify the ending cash bank with the Accounting Specialist
- Note and investigate offages and reconcile errors
- Keep up to date on events and promotions that are run from time to time as well as be knowledgeable about exhibitions, tours and the visitor experience,
- Greet visitors as they arrive, provide them with information about admission, membership options, store merchandise, and the Museum experience
- Gently remind visitors of security concerns and assist with checking of their items
- Accept cash and credit card payments for sales of admission, event tickets, ticket equivalents, memberships and store merchandise
- Stock, clean and organize store and desks as needed throughout the day
- Process exchanges and refunds as appropriate
- Respond to visitors' complaints and resolve their issues with the assistance of the Associate Director of Museum Store and Visitor Experience as necessary
- Participate in Museum wide and interdepartmental teams, projects, and/or meetings as assigned
- Provide coverage and support weekends, holidays and special events, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge and Experience
- High School diploma,
- Experience in the visitor/customer services/retail industry preferred, but not required,
- Proficient in a variety of computer software programs, including POS systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Stands and walks intermittently throughout the work day, including sitting and bending; reaches, lifts, carries, and manipulates inventory, supplies and equipment.
- Must be able to function independently.
- Must be in good general health.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to twenty pounds is necessary.
HOURS OF POSITION
- Part-time Hourly Non-Exempt
E-mail resume and salary expectation to Stephanie Lopez, Associate Director of Museum Store & Visitor Experience at email@example.com
Teacher's Assistant at the Art School
Volunteer/Intern Position(Available immediately)
The Boca Museum Art School is seeking a qualified person to assist the teacher in the art class for teens and young adults identified with autism spectrum, mild to moderate.
Interested or experience working with special needs audiences, supportive. sensitive and alert to the needs of others, out-going, dependable, knowledge of studio art helpful but not required. College graduate or college student majoring in education.
Assist the teacher in providing individual attention and support to the students. This included passing out art supplies as well as constantly interacting, listening and talking with the students. Follow directions of the teacher.
6:15 to 8pm Tuesday evenings
Boca Museum Art School, 801 West Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, Fl 33486
Send short letter of interest with resume and name of one reference who may be contacted after the initial interview. For this position only you may call or email for additional information. firstname.lastname@example.org 561-39-2503
||Museum Education Intern
||Beginning of semester
Internship Job Description:
Qualified individuals will assist the Education Department in:
- assisting with the implementation of the Education Mornings and Contemplate & Create program. Responsibilities include inventory of art supplies, assisting with the operations of the program, photo documenting, light research, and filing.
- creating family treasure hunts for special and permanent exhibitions.
- researching in-depth for upcoming exhibitions and individual artists.
- developing museum lessons based on permanent collections.
- maintaining art films library and selecting upcoming films.
- writing scripts for cell phone tours.
- organizing and updating docent files, tracking hours of service, etc.
Applicants should be upper division students (junior, senior or graduate) majoring in an education, art- or museum-related discipline. They should be organized, detail-oriented and computer literate. Applicants should also have a general knowledge of art terminology and education theories/practices, possess excellent writing skills and LOVE working with people. The internship places you in a dedicated, professional and dynamic education office.
Interested applicants can email a letter of interest, resume and three references to Claire Elisabeth Clum, Director of Education at email@example.com.