Boca Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
In Mizner Park
T: 561.392.2500 F: 561.391.6410
Tuesday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
Mondays & holidays
10AM - 5PM
NOON - 5PM
Children(12 & under)
News Around the Art School
Open House for Adult Classes
Join us on Saturday, August 23, 1- 4pm.
see short demonstrations of pottery making, stone carving, printing, making painting and more.
Meet teachers, learn about adult classes and visit the studios.
Free refreshments and gifts from local art stores.
Register for a fall course during 'Open House' and receive a free one-day pass for two to Boca Raton Museum of Art.
Fall adult classes start September 8.
Saturday, August 23, 1- 4pm
801 West Palmetto Park Road
Free Sketching in the Boca Museum at Mizner Park
Join us for the final 'sketching in museum at the Boca Museum of Art at Mizner Park.
Thursday, August 28, 6pm-7:45pm Free admission to the Museum and no charge for sketching.
Drawing paper and pencils will be provided. Artists of all levels, from beginners to experienced are invited to come draw in the museum. Draw from the paintings, sculptures, African Art or other people in the museum. Artists will be on hand to guide you. Experienced artists are welcome to bring their own drawing supplies (dry media only, pencil, paper, no wet media, no ink or markers)
Childrens' artwork is on display at local "Organic Express- smoothie, juice bar
“Dinosaur Dog” and “Picasso Portraits” from the ART SCHOOL Summer Campers are on display at “ORGANIC EXPRESS” new juice bar at 495 N. Federal Highway (across from Mizner Park).
Stop by, see the art. July 1 to August 8, 2014
Suzanne Scherer and Pavel Ouporov, Boca Museum Art School instructors are exhibiting their collaborative artworks at the Sanders Galley at the Palm Beach Cultural Council.
Exhibit on display until August 16, 2014
601 Lake Avenue. Lake Worth, Fl 33460
Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, http://www.palmbeachculture.com
Suzanne Scherer and Pavel Ouporov are a collaborative team, they work together on their artwork and also teach together. Scherer/Ouporov teach figure drawing, egg tempera painting and other traditional techniques of painting at the Boca Museum Art School.
Art School print making instructor, Ron Garrett, is exhibiting in a 2-person show: "Layered Possibilities"
Highland Beach Library –
3618 S. Ocean Blvd, 33487
Exhibit on Display May 15 – July 8, 2014
Ron Garrett – Artist/Printmaker/Educator also manages Raga Press, fine arts printing center for artists. http://www.ragapress.com
RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS by instructors and students
The Art School is a place to learn, grow, and invest in creativity of the body & soul. At The Art School, we have the distinct privilege of seeing how art transforms life. Faculty and students are invited to share their accomplishments with us, please email us recent awards or upcoming exhibits, email@example.com
Carla Golembe, Painting Instructor
- Invite for one person show featuring Carla Golembe at Blu Moon Studio Gallery.
- "Duende IV" Acrylic on Canvas, 24" x 36". Visual Contrasts, Coral Spring Museum of Art.
- Diane Reeves, Painting
- "Study for In Her Arms" was selected for the Scottsdale Artists' School's BEST & BRIGHTEST Annual Competition and Exhibition, in Scottsdale Arizona.
- "Exquisite" "Gathering Peaches" Tea and Roses" featured in Southwest Art Magazine Special Section: "Art of the Southeast".
- Anita Lovitt, Painting
- Watercolor Painting accepted into the Palm Beach Watercolor Society Show at the Armory.
- Roxene Sloate, Painting
- "Beckoning" juried in Nathan D. Rosen Museum Gallery in Boca Raton FL, January 2013. Exhibition ends March 20, 2014.
- Featured in solo show "Wetlands Wonder" at the New Downtown Library in Boca Raton, Fl. Show opened November 2013 and runs until January 25 2014.
- Jane Levy, Jewelry
- Jane Levy displays her hand-made jewelry at ArtPalmBeach at the Palm Beach Convention.
- Greg & Pamela Ross, Photography
- Photographic Exhibition: A Fundraising Event for the Paley Foundation. www.westpalmbeachdda.com.
- "Faces": Ross Photography Book.To order: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mary Belle Cordell, Porcelain Painting
- Chosen to be in the International Contemporary Artists Vol VII book published by ICA Publishing Co. Mary Belle selected for International Artists that are published in this hard cover book.
- Cordell will have a one woman show at the Historic Sample McDougald House Museum 450 NE 10th St, Pompano Beach
- Sophia Hodge, Instructor Amy Berkowitz, Fashion Design & Illustration
- Sophia Hodge won "Best Mixed Media" for Middle School Broward Center for the Arts 2013
- Erica Hart, Instructor Eydi Lampasona, Mixed Media
- Erica Hart participated in a Solo Show, "Above and Beyond" at the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance, Narrowsburg, NY, May 17-June 8, 2013.
- Renee Phillips, Instructor Eydi Lampasona, Mixed Media
- Renee Phillips was accepted into the School of Visuals Arts (SVA) Mixed Media Summer Residency in NYC.