Boca Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
In Mizner Park
T: 561.392.2500 F: 561.391.6410
Tuesday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
Mondays & holidays
10AM - 5PM
NOON - 5PM
Children(12 & under)
INSTRUCTOR & STUDENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
The Art School is a place to learn, grow, and invest in creativity of the body & soul. At The Art School, we have the distinct privilege of seeing how art transforms life. In the quarterly newsletter below, we are honored to recognize our student's and instructor's accomplishments. We hope you enjoy this celebration of creativity.
- Instructor Susan Hanssen received The Gold Award for her watercolor painting Waiting Patiently featured in the Florida Watercolor Society’s 42nd Anniversary Exhibition in 2013.
- Instructor Teresa Kirk received the Citrus Club Memorial Award The M. Graham and Co. Award for her watercolor painting Scorpion in the Florida Watercolor Society’s 42nd Anniversary Exhibition in 2013.
- Instructor Mary Belle Cordell won 1st prize in the JUST FOR YOU Pen Women Scholarship with a 500 word essay. Her scholarship will go towards advanced schooling. Mary Belle is also featured in the 7th addition of "International Contemporary Artists" with two porcelain paintings and the hard cover book to be released in November. Mary Belle will have a one-page spread including her artists statement and artwork.
- Instructor Carla Golembe is 1 of 17 local artists chosen to create a piano for Keys to the Cities in Palm Beach County. As "live art", the Palm Beach community is encouraged to play the pianos around the County, where they will be displayed in parks, public spaces, local businesses, and the waterfront for the first two weeks of November. Developed by Kathi Kretzer of Kretzer Piano in Jupiter, FL, this colorful event will bring awareness to the foundation's mission, which is to provide music and performing opportunities to everyone, especially children.
- Instructors Suzanne Scherer and Pavel Ouporov (a dual team at The Art School) are featured in September 2013 "American Art Collector". Scherer and Ouporov also have a solo museum exhibition at The Evansville Museum of Arts and Sciences, celebrating the installation of works from their permanent collection. Approximately $200,000 worth of their paintings were donated to the Museum. Evansville Museum now houses the largest museum collection of Scherer and Ouporov's impressive collection.
- Instructor Ron Garrett is one of two artists featured in an upcoming exhibition at Florida State College at Jacksonville. The exhibition kicks off October 24th, 2013 at 5:00pm at South, Campus Wilson Center, 11901 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville FL. Garrett will exhibit prints and sculptures which are showcased for their vibrant color, bold patter, and a strong design sensibility. Exhibition will be on display through November 14th.
- Art School student Sol Filippi is Winner of the 2013 Miami Fashion Week Excellence in Accessories Award. Student of Jeweler Don Dietz, Filippi crafts elegant jewelry made of silver and gold coupled with gemstones and pearls. Filippi states "By simply wearing jewelry, a person not only feels beautiful but also feels the designer's joy in successfully creating another masterpiece. That is the kind of pleasure the gift of jewelry can give. And it is why I love what I do." As Filippi makes a stylish splash in the fashion and jewelry world, she honors The Boca Art School. We are proud to support and celebrate Filippi in her blooming passion and craft of remarkable jewelry making.
CALLING ALL TEENS!
The Art School is offering a Youth Teen Volunteer Program and a Summer Camp Volunteer Program! Please contact The Art School for information and applications at 561.392.2503.