Boca Raton Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
In Mizner Park
T: 561.392.2500 F: 561.391.6410
Tuesday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
Mondays & holidays
10AM - 5PM
NOON - 5PM
Children(12 & under)
up-coming events and news around the Art School
Saturday, October 11 art workshops:
Drawing refresher: draw more accurate with Diane Reeves
Egg Tempera Painting with Pavel Ouporov
Fundamentals of Color Mixing with Diane Reeves
Thursday, Oct 16:
8 am - 11 am, Palm Beach Plein Air - Meet up": plein air painting on the art school grounds and old Floresta neighborhood. free, bring your own art supplies and easel. The Art School will provide chairs and coffee.
Thursday, Oct 16:
5:30 - 8pm Free "Sketching in the Galleries" at the Boca Museum in Minzer Park.
Free admission to the Museum, and no charge for sketching. The Art School provides drawing supplies and Artist-volunteers are on hand to provide guidance or short drawing lessons.
Saturday, Oct. 18:10 am - 1 pm "Meet me on the Promenade" The Art School is conducting free art workshops for children and adults at Sanborn Square.
Friday, Oct. 24:
6 - 8pm Closing reception for the "Faculty Exhibit" in the Art School Gallery
Friday, Oct. 31:
6 - 8pm, Opening reception for photo exhibit: "Portraits in the American Landscape" Invitational exhibit featuring photographers by Karl Anderson, Sandy Carrion, Mark Creamer, Juan Sebastian Fernandez, Michael Gora, Russell Levine, Linda Phelps, Flo Roghaar, Gregory Ross, Art Siegel and Robert Whitman.
PAST EVENTS AND WORKSHOPS
FREE Photography Workshops and Discussions
Sunday, September 14, 11am – 3pm
“Food and Travel Photography” with Joan Nova
“Modern Applications of the Film Camera” with Mark Creamer
“New Lighting Technology and Techniques for event and action photos” with Gabriella Bianchini
Each workshop will be 45 minutes and repeated. Photographers of all levels are invited. Joan Nova, food and travel blogger, and Gabriella Bianchini, wedding photographer, are former students of the Art School, returning to share their expertise. Mark Creamer uses large and medium format film cameras for his art photography. Organized by Allan Pierce and Gregory Ross
Free, but reservations are required, please call 561-392-2503
Collaborative Drawing Project at the Boca Raton Museum
Join the artists of "Thought Coalition" in creating a mural. On Thursday, Sept. 18 visitors to the Thursday free evening at the Museum are invited to participate in a collaborative drawing project.
Childrens' artwork is on display at local "Organic Express" - smoothie, juice bar
“Dinosaur Dog” and “Picasso Portraits” from the ART SCHOOL Summer Campers are on display at “ORGANIC EXPRESS” new juice bar at 495 N. Federal Highway (across from Mizner Park).
Stop by, see the art. July 1 to August 8, 2014
Roxene Sloate's work is featured in the Jonathan Dickinson State Park exhibit at Kimbell Center in Hobe Sound. Opening reception: Friday, Sept. 19, 6:30 - 9:30pm. On exhibit thru Oct. 31.
Carla Golembe's work is on exhibit in several shows this fall, including "Go Figure: A Celebration of the Human Form" at the Lighthouse Art Center in Jupiter, Fl. Opening Reception: Thursday, Sept. 18, 5:30 - 7:30pm.
Faculty and students are invited to share their accomplishments with us, please email us recent awards or upcoming exhibits, firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Scherer and Pavel Ouporov
Solo exhibit at the Palm Beach Cultural Council, Summer, 2014
Ron Garrett, print making instructor
two-person exhibit at Highland Beach Library May 15 to July 8., 2014
Carla Golembe, Painting Instructor
Invite for one person show featuring Carla Golembe at Blu Moon Studio Gallery.
- "Duende IV" Acrylic on Canvas, 24" x 36". Visual Contrasts, Coral Spring Museum of Art.
- Diane Reeves, Painting
- "Study for In Her Arms" was selected for the Scottsdale Artists' School's BEST & BRIGHTEST Annual Competition and Exhibition, in Scottsdale Arizona.
- "Exquisite" "Gathering Peaches" Tea and Roses" featured in Southwest Art Magazine Special Section: "Art of the Southeast".
- Anita Lovitt, Painting
- Watercolor Painting accepted into the Palm Beach Watercolor Society Show at the Armory.
- Roxene Sloate, Painting
- "Beckoning" juried in Nathan D. Rosen Museum Gallery in Boca Raton FL, January 2013. Exhibition ends March 20, 2014.
- Featured in solo show "Wetlands Wonder" at the New Downtown Library in Boca Raton, Fl. Show opened November 2013 and runs until January 25 2014.
- Jane Levy, Jewelry
- Jane Levy displays her hand-made jewelry at ArtPalmBeach at the Palm Beach Convention.
- Greg & Pamela Ross, Photography
- Photographic Exhibition: A Fundraising Event for the Paley Foundation. www.westpalmbeachdda.com.
- "Faces": Ross Photography Book.To order: email@example.com.
- Mary Belle Cordell, Porcelain Painting
- Chosen to be in the International Contemporary Artists Vol VII book published by ICA Publishing Co. Mary Belle selected for International Artists that are published in this hard cover book.
- Cordell will have a one woman show at the Historic Sample McDougald House Museum 450 NE 10th St, Pompano Beach
- Sophia Hodge, Instructor Amy Berkowitz, Fashion Design & Illustration
- Sophia Hodge won "Best Mixed Media" for Middle School Broward Center for the Arts 2013
- Erica Hart, Instructor Eydi Lampasona, Mixed Media
- Erica Hart participated in a Solo Show, "Above and Beyond" at the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance, Narrowsburg, NY, May 17-June 8, 2013.
- Renee Phillips, Instructor Eydi Lampasona, Mixed Media
- Renee Phillips was accepted into the School of Visuals Arts (SVA) Mixed Media Summer Residency in NYC.