Boca Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
In Mizner Park
T: 561.392.2500 F: 561.391.6410
Tuesday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
10AM - 5PM
NOON - 5PM
10AM - 9PM
Children(12 & under)
|CLOSED Mondays and holidays
Sign-up for free E-newsletters
INSTRUCTOR & STUDENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS
The Art School is a place to learn, grow, and invest in creativity of the body & soul. At The Art School, we have the distinct privilege of seeing how art transforms life. In the quarterly newsletter below, we are honored to recognize our student's and instructor's accomplishments. We hope you enjoy this celebration of creativity.
- Sid Walesh, Clay & Sculpture
- "Phoenix Rising" Rosen Biennial Juried National Art Competition 2014. Rosen Gallery, Boca Raton.
- "Spa...A Nanosecond of A Splash" Best In Show Witva Exhibit October/November 2013 Boca Raton.
- U"Hurricane Warning" Clay Arts South Florida "Select Artists Exhibit" Ft. Lauderdale Main Library Gallery September 2013.
- "Big Shoes to Fill- Electing the New Peep" First Place Annual Peeps Competition Lake Worth, June 2013.
- "Sea Spirits" First Place Sculpture Jonathan Dickinson State Park "Underwater" Exhibit October 2013, Tequestra, FL.
- Carla Golembe, Painting
- Invite for one person show featuring Carla Golembe at Blu Moon Studio Gallery.
- "Duende IV" Acrylic on Canvas, 24" x 36". Visual Contrasts, Coral Spring Museum of Art.
- Diane Reeves, Painting
- "Study for In Her Arms" was selected for the Scottsdale Artists' School's BEST & BRIGHTEST Annual Competition and Exhibition, in Scottsdale Arizona. The exhibition runs from January 10, 2014 through March 31, 2014.
- "Beautiful Harmony" was selected for the National Oil & Acrylic Painters Open Online Exhibition.
- "Early Morning", painting of her friends' granddaughter, was awarded First Place in the Artists' Guild Gallery's December 2013 Exhibition in Delray Beach, Florida.
- "Exquisite" "Gathering Peaches" Tea and Roses" featured in Southwest Art Magazine Special Section: "Art of the Southeast".
- Anita Lovitt, Painting
- Watercolor Painting accepted into the Palm Beach Watercolor Society Show at the Armory.
- Roxene Sloate, Painting
- "Beckoning" juried in Nathan D. Rosen Museum Gallery in Boca Raton FL, January 2013. Exhibition ends March 20, 2014.
- Featured in solo show "Wetlands Wonder" at the New Downtown Library in Boca Raton, Fl. Show opened November 2013 and runs until January 25 2014.
- Participant in several group exhibitions: Sloate's Oil Painting "Ocean Boogie" was juried into the Palm Beach Cultural Council show "County Contemporary". Five of her oil paintings are in "Spotlight on New Talent" curated by Bruce Helander at the Lighthouse Art Center.
- Participant in two National Association of Women Artists' (NAWA) Exhibitions, one at the Boca Museum Art School and one presently at the Coral Springs Museum.
- Jane Levy, Jewelry
- Jane Levy will be displaying her hand-made jewelry for ArtPalmBeach at the Palm Beach Convention January 23rd- 27th in Booth 718 White Space. ArtPalmBeach is considered one of the most influential contemporary art fairs on Florida’s Gold Coast by both critics and art enthusiasts. Over 80 international galleries will be exhibiting contemporary and emerging artists.
- Greg & Pamela Ross, Photography
- Photographic Exhibition: A Fundraising Event for the Paley Foundation. Opening Reception: Friday Evening February 21st, 2014 Book Signing with Greg Ross. Downtown West Palm Beach. For more information: www.westpalmbeachdda.com.
- "Faces": Ross Photography Book. "The images in this book have been selected from the photographer's editorial collection which in its entirety spans thirty years of work photographing the backroads and backrooms of life on six continents". A portion of the proceeds of each book sale will be donated to the Paley Foundation in support of future medical mission trips. To order: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mary Belle Cordell, Porcelain Painting
- Chosen to be in the International Contemporary Artists Vol VII book published by ICA Publishing Co. Mary Belle is the only Porcelain Artist selected out of 434 International Artists that are published in this hard cover book.
- Cordell will be appearing with nationally known pianist and composer Gail Smith on February 19th at Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Community Church Sanctuary at 7:00pm. The program will feature a new composition by Mary Belle "Storm on the Beach", a porcelain painting.
- Cordell will have a one woman show at the Historic Sample McDougald House Museum 450 NE 10th St, Pompano Beach from March 5th-21st, 2014. Opening reception and artist talk TBA.
- Sophia Hodge, Instructor Amy Berkowitz, Fashion Design & Illustration
- Sophia Hodge won "Best Mixed Media" for Middle School Broward Center for the Arts 2013
- Erica Hart, Instructor Eydi Lampasona, Mixed Media
- Erica Hart participated in a Solo Show, "Above and Beyond" at the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance, Narrowsburg, NY, May 17-June 8, 2013.
- Hart will participate in the following exhibitions:
- "Current Hues of the Hudson: Contemporary Artists working in the Hudson Valley", August 2013 at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel, NY.
- Mahady Gallery, Marywood University, Scranton, PA, Northeastern Biennial 2013, October 19- November 13, 2013.
- Work appears in catalog for "Stories We Tell" exhibit, sponsored by Women's Caucus for Art
- Renee Phillips, Instructor Eydi Lampasona, Mixed Media
- Renee Phillips was accepted into the School of Visuals Arts (SVA) Mixed Media Summer Residency in NYC. It was a 6 week intensive program that culminated in a group show and exhibition in New York's Meatpacking District. Pictured is Renee hanging her artwork.