Boca Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432
In Mizner Park
T: 561.392.2500 F: 561.391.6410
Tuesday - Friday
Saturday & Sunday
10AM - 5PM
NOON - 5PM
10AM - 9PM
Children(12 & under)
|CLOSED Mondays and holidays
Museum galleries will be open on Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014
Sign-up for free E-newsletters
A curriculum-connected experience for students K-12!
SCHEDULING YOUR VISIT TO THE MUSEUM
The Museum enhances the vital classroom learning experience by providing docent-led tours of our Permanent Collection and temporary exhibitions. Supporting the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards/Common Core State Standards, Museum tours engage and challenge students to achieve a greater awareness and understanding of language arts, social studies, science and math through the visual arts.
- All K-12 groups receive free admission.
- Field trips may be scheduled Tuesdays through Fridays beginning at 10:15 AM.
- Tours last approximately 1 hour.
- You must have 1 adult chaperone per 10 students.
- If your students have special needs, please advise the Museum at the time of booking.
- Complete the reservation request form by clicking HERE. A confirmation email will be sent to you. Your tour WILL NOT be scheduled until we have reviewed your request and sent this confirmation email.
Contact the Education Department, 561.392.2500 ext.106, with any questions.
- We encourage teachers to pre-visit the Museum and solidify the curriculum connections with a member of the Museum’s Education Department. This pre-visit is complimentary.
- Download the School Tour Package by clicking HERE. Review the documents and complete the Pre-Visit Survey and Activities sections prior to the visit.
- The lesson plans on our website are available for use as pre- and post- visit classroom lessons.
CLICK HERE for printable bus parking instructions. Please print and have the map available for your bus driver. Click the image to view directions in google maps.
- Please have students wear nametags, with their first names only.
- Teachers and chaperones should wear nametags as well.
- Divide classes into groups of approximately 10 students with one chaperone. Arrange your groups BEFORE arrival with boys and girls in each group.
- While in the Museum, the role of teachers and chaperones is to manage the group's behavior, keep the group together and attend to any special needs of the students.
- Teachers will receive free family passes for distribution to their students. Using the free family pass to return to the Museum, students may demonstrate to their families what they have learned.
- Outdoor space is available for your group to lunch at the Museum. Please note that there are no vending machines on site.
- Please inform your students that touching artwork is not allowed.
- To avoid accidental bumping, keep an arm’s length away from all works of art at all times.
- Only pencils are allowed while in the galleries. No other media allowed.
- No photography, food or drinks are allowed in the galleries.
- The BMA Museum Store can accommodate small numbers of students. If you want your students to have the opportunity to visit the store and purchase items, please communicate your desire with the Education Department prior to your visit.